Relevant is only two days away, and I’m incredibly excited to be going back again this year! Brooke and Erin are hosting a fun link-up, so I’m sharing the ten things my Relevant roomies should know about me.
I have two roomies this year. One is Logan, from Life for Dessert. Logan and I are IRL buddies, we go to the same church, our kids love each other, and we’ll be traveling together. I can’t wait for her to experience her first blogging conference! My other roomie is a dear friend whom I have never met in person. Kristin, of The Schell Cafe, and I bonded while I was working on her blog design, and we’ve been buddies ever since. Kristin is one of the most encouraging people I know, and I can’t wait to see her face to face!
So I have to pick 10 things…hmmmm….
1. I lose things. When it comes to organization, I tend towards extremes. It’s all or nothing! Last year, I repeatedly lost my hairbrush in the hotel room. Seriously. Just ask Melissa.
2. I need to eat often. If you notice me acting irritable or slightly irrational, just tell me to eat. My metabolism is high, and if I don’t eat frequently, I feel really, really bad. And then I’m not fun. So I’m bringing snacks!
3. I come overprepared. I will pack too much stuff, because I might need something. That’s why my suitcase was too full last year…and my hairbrush got lost in it.
4. This year I will not bring coffee. Last year I didn’t know what the coffee situation would be like. My coffee has to be strong and good! So I brought my own. And my own little Mini Moo half-and-half supply. You know….just in case. Thankfully, Sarah Mae knows how important coffee truly is, and I feel confident that my coffee needs will be met this year!
5. I forget to take photos. So please, please remind me to take more this year! Last year I only took about five pictures, and I later regretted it!
6. I am really bad at remembering people’s names. I do try, I promise. Since you’re my roomies, I will remember yours. But I hope other people won’t mind if I ask their name more than once!
7. I hate white noise. I really hope neither of you is bringing a noise machine. Because it will keep me Awake. All. Night. I’ll bring my earplugs just in case.
8. I am not a shoe person. I mean, I do wear shoes. But shoes for me have to be functional…and comfortable. My crazily narrow heels and an old foot injury make life tough in that area. So there is not doubt that Logan will win the cutest boots in the room contest (unless Kristin has some serious Texas boot tricks up her sleeve)!
9. I am slightly intimidated by my roommates’ recipe-creating-prowess. I love to cook! But I don’t love to create new culinary masterpieces. So I’m happy that both of my roomies do that for me. Then I can just follow directions. And if you are reading this and don’t already read my roomies’ blogs, you are seriously missing out! Two suggestions: Fig and Sausage Pizza and Bacon, Prosciutto, and Swiss Puff Pastry Quiche.
10. I’m a really unlikely candidate for this whole online world, social media, blogging, conference going thing. It’s really funny. I’m a really private person. I don’t like to put myself out there. Yet here I am… I know God has a purpose in it, and I’m loving the journey, but sometimes I just have to stop and laugh!
So there you have it…can’t wait to see many of you there!